Seriously. The Megatower's big wheels, long travel, and tough carbon fiber chassis delivers the high-speed security traits of a downhill bike. Yet the relatively-steep seat tube angle and size-specific geo maintain the Mega's mega pedaling ability—elevating its reputation as the perfect choice for big gravity rides and DH park laps.
- Glovebox: Place everything you need for a ride beneath the reassuringly high-quality latch and panel in the downtube, including your driving gloves. The Glovebox also comes with a Tool Wallet and Tube Purse, two refined pouches for keeping your essentials close to hand.
- Full carbon C and CC frame options: While both versions of our carbon frames are made in our own factory, are just as strong and stiff as one another, and have a lifetime warranty, there are a couple of differences between the two. CC frames use the very best materials and production processes available, while our C frames add on a little more weight for a little less $.
- Steeper seat tube angle: The steep seat tube angle puts you in the right place to scale the steepest pitches to get to the wildest descents. Even better, it gets progressively steeper as the sizes get larger so everyone sits in the right spot.
- 165mm of VPP travel: A relatively-low leverage ratio not only makes setup easier but delivers a more damped, controlled feel across the travel range.
- Coil and water compatibility: Even with a lower-link flip chip and the option to run large-body shocks, like a coil, you're still able to fit a water bottle inside the front triangle.
- Longer travel? 165mm of travel comes standard, but if you choose to run a shock with a longer, 65mm stroke, you can bump it up to 170mm.
- Details matter: The frame details are completed with a neat mud flap that protects the rear shock, a rubberized downtube protector that shrugs off strikes, and tidy cable routing within the frame and swingarm.
- Proportional geo: The Megatower's chainstay length is matched to the frame size so every rider, no matter their height, gets the same balanced geometry.
|Reach | hi/lo (mm)||430/427||455/452||475/472||495/492||520/517|
|Stack | hi/lo (mm)||616/618||625/627||638/640||656/658||670/672|
|Head Tube Angle | hi/lo||63.8°/63.5°||63.8°/63.5°||63.8°/63.5°||63.8°/63.5°||63.8°/63.5°|
|Seat Tube Length | hi/lo (mm)||380||405||430||460||500|
|Front Center | hi/lo (mm)||770||799||826||855||886|
|BB Height | hi/lo (mm)||346/342.5||346/342.5||346/342.5||346/342.5||346/342.5|
|BB Drop | hi/lo (mm)||26.5/30||26.5/30||26.5/30||26.5/30||26.5/30|
|Wheelbase | hi/lo (mm)||1206||1236/1237||1266||1298||1333/1334|
|Rear Center | hi/lo (mm)||436/437||437/438||440/441||443/444||447/448|
|Head Tube Length | hi/lo (mm)||90||100||115||135||150|
|Top Tube Length | hi/lo (mm)||570||594/595||613||637/638||666/667|
|Seat Tube Angle | hi/lo||77.24°/77.0°||77.42°/77.2°||77.8°/77.5°||77.8°/77.5°||77.8°/77.5°|
|Standover Height | hi/lo (mm)||709/705||716/712||723/718||722/717||724/720|
|Frame Size||Rider Height|
|Small||5'1" - 5'5"|
|Medium||5'5" - 5'9"|
|Large||5'9" - 6'1"|
|X-Large||6'1" - 6'4"|
|XX-Large||6'4" - 6'7"|
|Fork||FOX 38 Float Performance, 170mm|
|Rear Shock||RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ 230x62.5|
|Rims||RaceFace AR Offset 30 29" Rims|
Front: DT Swiss 370, 15x110, 28h
Rear: DT Swiss 370, 12x148, XD, 36t, 28h
Front: Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" 3C MaxxGrip, EXO+, TR
Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29"x2.4"WT, 3C MaxxTerra, EXO+, TR
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB|
|Crankset||SRAM GX Eagle 148 DUB 30t|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd|
|Cassette/Freewheel||SRAM XG1275 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t|
|Chain||SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd|
|Brakes||SRAM Code R|
|Rotors||Avid Centerline 200mm|
|Handlebars||Burgtec Alloy Bar, 800mm, 30mm Rise|
|Tape/Grips||Santa Cruz Bicycles House Grips|
|Stem||Burgtec Enduro MK3 42mm|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset|
|Seatpost||RockShox Reverb Stealth, 31.6 or OneUp Dropper V2|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Medium CroMo|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Matte Nickel / X-Large||192219299365||58-23263-109-5-791-408301||210000045084|